Following Xiaomi 13, the company officially introduced its sophisticated smartphone in Russia called - you do not
In fact, this is Xiaomi 12S Ultra, only in a different guise and with slightly nominal hardware parameters.
What makes the new 13 Pro stand out:
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. One of the most productive processors. And almost without throttling.
- The main camera is 1 inch. Large sensor for high quality photography.
- WQHD+ AMOLED screen. Today it is difficult to find a smartphone with a high resolution display. Here is one of the options with 3200x1440 pixels.
- 120W power adapter. As it should be with normal flagship products. Is that right, Samsung?
- IP68. Royal "fit". However, now the average Xiaomi 13 model also has such protection. Only the 13 Lite version does not have IP68 protection.
This time, Xiaomi decided not to shock the Russians,therefore, the cost of the product was "scored" at the level of 100,000 rubles. Expensive you say? Remember the price list for the gadget 12 Pro - at the beginning of sales it appeared for 135,000 rubles! And then the price fell to about 110,000 rubles ... By the way, even today the device is not cheap - 90,000 rubles.
As an advertisement
Robot vacuum cleaner 360 Botslab P7
Budget robot vacuum cleaner with voice control, the ability to build room maps and an operating time of up to 90 minutes, as well as wet cleaning.
Saturday coffee #246
Pour yourself a cup of invigorating Saturday coffee and check out the news of the week. LG has changed its logo, Sound has been updated, Nintendo is leaving Russia, and AvtoVAZ has shown a new model…
Opel Combo Life test. One-Stop Solution
Compact MPV Opel Combo Life is a good car for a family, while it can be quickly transformed into a working vehicle for transporting goods….
Review of the laptop "2 in 1" ASUS Vivobook 13 Slate OLED (T3300K)
Blurring the lines between a laptop and a tablet running full-fledged Windows 11: a high-quality display, flexibility in work scenarios, there are a number of ambiguous points…
Table of Contents
- Contents of delivery
- Memory, processor and performance
- CPU: 4 nm, octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
- Display: 6.73-inch AMOLED, 3200×1440 pixels; 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch layer frequency; protective glass Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
- Triple main camera: 50 MP, f/1.9, OIS + 50 MP (Tele, 75mm, f/2.0) + 50 MP (Wide, 15mm), f/2.2; autofocus, support for 8K video shooting; backlight.
- Front-camera: 32 MP wide; support for Full HD (1080p/30 fps) video recording.
- Memory: 12 GB RAM (LPDDR5x), 512 GB ROM (UFS 4.0).
- Communication standards support: 5G (n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/ n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/ n66/n77/n78/n79); 4G/LTE 3G; 2G; two slots for SIM cards.
- Communications: WiFi 6; Bluetooth 5.3; USB Type-C; NFC IR port (remote control); GPS/A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo.
- Battery: 4820 mAh, fast charging HyperCharge (120 W); wireless charging (50 W), wireless reverse charging (10 W).
- Other: Proximity sensor | Light sensor | Accelerometer | Gyroscope | Electronic compass | Linear motor | IR transmitter | Barometer | Flicker sensor.
- Platform: MIUI 14, Android 13.
- Sound: two speakers, Dolby Atmos.
- Dimensions: 162x74x8.38 mm.
- Weight: 229 g (metal, glass)
Contents of delivery
- Xiaomi 13 Pro
- USB Type-C cable
- SIM eject tool
- Protective case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
When I talked about the Xiaomi 13 smartphone, I was impressed: flat design, smooth edges, polished large sides, comfortable large buttons, adequate dimensions and weight.
Alas, about the Xiaomi 13 Pro smartphone in this regardI can't say anything positive. Here is a classic slick device that looks like any other modern smartphones: almost a waterfall screen, thin buttons, a sloping back panel, and so on. In addition, the gadget is available in only two colors: white and black. Both are glossy.
Therefore, I will not tell anything new about the appearance of Xiaomi 13 Pro.
From interesting:the front panel is protected by CGG Victus glass, while the back side is made of bioceramic material. Bioceramics are a subspecies of ceramic materials that are developed for medical applications. Such material is strong, durable, wear-resistant. As they say, time will tell.
Another important point is IP68. Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi 12S Ultra and Xiaomi 13 have this protection. Last year's firmware lacked protection.
As for the dimensions, Xiaomi 13 Pro is large and very heavy.
Oleophobic coating is on both sides. The back panel is sloppy” at a time.
Total: excellent materials, but, in my opinion, not the most successful ergonomics.
- Speaker. Moderately loud, without reserve. The sound is clear, intelligibility is excellent. The tone is pleasant.
- Proximity sensor.The manufacturer claims that it is, such as IR. But its location confuses me: somewhere 5 mm below and to the right of the selfie camera. This is where the sensor is triggered. But yes, it works properly. The screen is even locked during a call. To get to the call menu, you need to scan your fingerprint, or enter a graphic code.
- Selfie camera.
- The fingerprint scanner is under the display. Not ultrasonic, works relatively quickly, recognizes in 8 cases out of 10. Nothing new and original, alas.
- Light sensor. From time to time it starts to "play" with the brightness of the matrix: sometimes higher, sometimes lower. As a rule, it underestimates the brightness by 20 percent. I didn’t like it. It does not work as adequately as on Xiaomi 13.
- Slot for two SIM cards. There is eSIM support.
- Main microphone. Heard always clearly and legibly, cleanly.
- Speaker. The main, the second - colloquial. The end result is stereo.
- IR transmitter to control home appliances with IR receiver.
- Two microphones for noise reduction.
- The hole through which the sound comes out during the speakerphone. The sound also comes out of the speaking hole.
- Power button.
- Volume button.
On the back side:
- Three camera modules.
- Double flash.
- Laser autofocus illumination (two barely noticeable sensors).
- 360° ambient light sensor.
A linear vibration motor is installed here along the OX axis.Tactile neutral (I can’t say that it’s very pleasant), noticeably stronger than in Xiaomi 13. In the sound settings, there are vibration strength settings. The range is slightly larger than in the younger model.
|Matrix type||AMOLED LTPO|
|Matrix update rate||1 Hz to 120 Hz|
|Wheelbarrow frequency||Up to 240 Hz|
|PWM||Eat. There is no suppression technology even in the developer options.
With the brightness of the matrix from 1% to 20%, the ripple coefficient is from 10% to 15%.</ p>
With the brightness of the matrix from 20% to 50%, the CP is less than 10%.
With the brightness of the matrix from 50% to 100%, the CP changes from 10% to 48%.
|DCI-P3 color space||Supported
|Maximum manual brightness||Up to 670 nits|
|Maximum auto brightness||Up to 1600 nits|
|Color schemes||Bright colors
- color is automatically detected
In this case, we are dealing with a folded matrixand glass. I wrote many times in the reviews that I can not stand this type of device. This device has problems with false pressing on the side faces of the matrix. This is especially pronounced when you are lying down trying to control the phone.
As for PWM, it is also quite high.It is strange that it manifests itself at a high brightness of the matrix, and not at a low one, as is usually the case in such cases. There is no flicker reduction in the settings. Even in "developers".
There are no questions about other parameters. Before you is a high-quality and very bright matrix, with a high pixel density.
I think this is a simple example and a quick answer.
Given: 4820 mAh battery, super-powerful Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, high matrix frequency up to 120 Hz and 3200 × 1440 pixels resolution. Question: What is the glow of the screen in the watch?
Answer: theoretical data - 9 hours, practical data - about 5–5.5 hours at most.
In general, the Xiaomi 13 Pro smartphone cannot be called tenacious.
The video device "twirls" for about 20 hours, games discharge the battery in 4.5-5 hours.
But Xiaomi 13 Pro has a fast120W HyperCharge. From it, the device is charged in 20-25 minutes. I tried to use a 67 W adapter from Huawei - no problem: the battery received energy in 30 minutes. I also connected 33 W from Asus. Up to 100% Xiaomi 13 Pro charges in about 45 minutes.
And the novelty has a wireless 50 W charging, reverse - 10 W.
As an advertisement
I used a smartphone with a 10,000 mAh battery for a week. What conclusions did
Today on the test UMIDIGI Power 7 Max. It's a smartphone with a giant battery...
Review of the smartphone Samsung Galaxy A34 5G (SM-A346E/DSN)
The mid-range model from Samsung, the price increase has made it a competitor to dozens of Chinese smartphones, and it is not at all an unambiguous choice, although it has its advantages.
Geekom MiniAir 11 review: computer up to 15 thousand rubles.
A mini-computer that is suitable for everyday activities, and also easily competes for the role of a media set-top box.
Quick review of realme GT3
Meet the smartphone with the fastest 240W charging! It also has an RGB light ring for notifications...
|5G||n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/ n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/ n66/n71/n75/n77/ n78/n79
|Wi-Fi||WiFi 6 GHz
Qualcomm FastConnect 7800 System
2x2 MIMO, 8x8 Sounding for MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct
Unlike Xiaomi 13, the 13 Pro has 5G with n79. But this is so, by the way (about the differences).
Connection quality:without problems catches where other devices have long been at the "bottom". The Wi-Fi speed here is the maximum declared: according to my tariff of 500 Mbps, it gives out 526/527 Mbps. The result is even better than Xiaomi 13.
There is VoLTE and VoWi-Fi. The device can record telephone conversations: when you press the corresponding button, your interlocutor hears the sound of the notification of the beginning and end of the recording.
The NFC chip allows you to top up your Troika card and work in tandem with MIR Pay.
For convenience, I put all the data in a table:
|Main camera||Announced June 2022
Resolution - 50 MP
Sensor - Sony IMX989
Matrix size - 1″
Pixel size - 1.6 microns
Focal length - 23 mm
Aperture - f / 1.9
Optical stabilization Hyper OIS
- Cycloolefin copolymer to reduce chromatic aberrations.
- Anti-reflective coating. Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) technology with ultra-low reflectivity.
- IR filters. Absorption of infrared radiation.
— Colorful coating of the edge of the lens. Light reflection reduction for improved image quality.</ p>
|wide angle||Announced in June 2021
Resolution - 50 MP
Sensor - Samsung ISOCELL JN1
Matrix size — 1/2.76″
Pixel size - 0.64 microns
Focal length - 14 mm
Aperture - f / 2.2
Without optical stabilization
Autofocus from 5 cm</ p>
|Televik||The same sensor is used as in the "width" - Samsung ISOCELL JN1
Focal length - 75 mm
Aperture - f / 2.0
With autofocus</ p>
|Frontal||Announced November 2021
Resolution - 32 MP
Sensor - OmniVision OV32C
Matrix size — 1/3.2″
Pixel size - 0.7 microns
Focal length - 21 mm
Aperture - f / 2.0
Without optical stabilization
5 lenses</ p>
- The front camera does not have autofocus and cannot record 4K video.
- The main camera does not support 30 fps when recording 8K. Although SoC can do it.
Xiaomi 13 Pro uses the same sensor that we saw in Xiaomi 12S Ultra. It's right, it's good, we love it.
If you want a short summary of the main camera:she is simply the best! There is a wonderful natural blurring of the background, cool color reproduction, a wide dynamic range, little noise, excellent "reception" of light to display a bright picture under any lighting conditions.
The wide angle lens has a wider anglereview compared to Xiaomi 13. I liked the quality of photos on 13 Pro. Quite good detail, excellent software work in HDR mode, elaboration of shadows and highlights, wide DD, no noise. But the module can "smear" the corners, especially in low light conditions.
The TV story is interesting.It is divided into two blocks that move inside to achieve the effect of telephoto and macro photography. Unlike other devices, in Xiaomi 13 Pro, in 90% of cases, it is the zoom that is turned on, and not the crop from the main camera. Even at night! The quality is good, no noise, no smears. Perhaps, in the dark, a little detail is lost.
In general, the quality of the cameras, of course, has grown evencompared to last year's models. That is, those photographed well, and these became even better. And this is noticeable, especially in the main camera with an inch matrix.
Everything is fine with the video:all sensors are capable of writing 4K at 60 fps. There is no leapfrog with resolution and number of frames. In 8K resolution, only 24 fps is available. Not enough, the videos look a little twitchy. But the detail is amazing: even on a 4K monitor, the video looks magical.
If you write video on the main camera and use zoom, then the software will not switch to the zoom camera, it will only offer a digital zoom method. Same with the wide angle camera.
In the dark, "width" at 60 fps produces a very dark picture.
Front camera in normal lightshows a juicy and sharp picture. But at night, wild noises come out, and even the number of frames drops to 24. In Xiaomi 13, this was forgivable, but the flagship should be able to do everything.
Total: the photographic part of Xiaomi 13 Pro is 5 out of 5, but there are still some small strange jambs with the video.
Examples of photos and videos:
- Original photos (zip, 253 MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 160 MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 173 MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 154 MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 72 MB)
- Sample 8k video (MP4, 190MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 64 MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 40 MB)
- Sample video (MP4, 42 MB)
Memory, processor and performance
The Xiaomi 13 Pro smartphone is available in only one version - 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of internal memory (at least in Russia, this is the version). There is no memory card - such a thing.
The RAM is LPDDR5X type. A1 Bench gives wrong result, and there are no other RAM speed test programs. But I could not understand exactly the speed of the built-in UFS 4.0 memory:
- The A1 Bench application shows 1350/255 MB/s.
- The Cross platform disk test application shows 1300/950 MB/s.
- SD Card Test Application - 2300/2000 MB/s.
System on a chip - Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.It's a 4 nm process technology. In the test, Antutu scores just under 1,300,000 points. There is almost no throttling, which is surprising. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the Xiaomi 13 Pro smartphone does not try to “stop” performance to prevent heating. For the heating here is decent - up to 45 degrees Celsius. For example, Xiaomi 13 limits the temperature to 42 degrees.
During the use, I did not notice any system glitches. The device was stable at 120 Hz in high resolution screen. But yes, it is worth noting the almost constantly warm rear panel.
Two speakers give the Xiaomi 13 Pro stereo sound. The volume is high, the sound is simply excellent: sonorous, bright, expressive. Bass is also no problem. Dolby Atmos technology is supported.
The 13 Pro has every possible Bluetooth codec: aptX, aptXHD, aptX adaptive, aptX TWS+, LDAC, LHDC, AAC, and SBC.
Frankly speaking, the impression is mixed.On the one hand, this is a fairly advanced smartphone from all points of view: processor, memory, cameras, screen, and so on. On the other - the usual, familiar, boring appearance with a streamlined body, like everyone else.
Most, as I understand it, need first of allemotion, not cool technical features. Apple products are bought not because there is such and such a processor inside or a Retina display is used, but because Apple gadgets are an emotion. Yes, over time, it fades: today, "apple" products are perceived differently than 5-10 years ago. And yet…
Therefore, there is only one question for Xiaomi 13 Pro:why such a standard and boring design? You take it in your hands and you understand that vivo, OPPO, realme and so on feel exactly the same. Even compared to the 12 Pro, the difference is minimal.
However, otherwise Xiaomi 13 Pro is a good modern device: fast, with a cool camera, with a lot of memory, instant battery charge.
The competitors are the same
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max
- One Plus 11
- vivo X90 Pro
Xiaomi 13 review – the secret of a masterpiece
Arguably the best compact Xiaomi smartphone ever...
Review-comparison of Xiaomi 13 Lite and 12 Lite
Two elegant smartphones with decent technical parameters and adequate price...
5 chips Xiaomi 12 Pro
Everything you need to know about a flagship device...
Review and comparison of Xiaomi 12T and 12T Pro
Let's take a look at two great new items...</ p>