Sony has a big day today.They announced their brand new flagship smartphone Sony Xperia 1 IV. Planned development of last year's model Sony Xperia 1 III. Also expensive, serious, stylish and with claims to the title of photo flagship.
Although it should be noted that the Xperia 1 III withthe photo part did not work too well. At the moment, in the Dxomark rating, the device shares only 65-69 places. But, perhaps, things will go more fun for a newcomer?
Let's start with cameras. Sony decided to make it beautiful. Therefore, all four cameras - three rear and one front - have the same resolution of 12 MP.
- Main. The sensor, according to the review from GSMArena, is exactly the same as last year - the 2020 Sony IMX557, which no one except Sony itself uses anywhere. There is optical stabilization.
- Wide angle. Sony IMX563 sensor. Samsung loves to put it in its flagships. Also as a width.
- Telephoto (5X). The most interesting cameraIf in the predecessor the telephoto had two fixed focal lengths (70 mm and 105 mm), and intermediate values were obtained programmatically, then here we have a physical change in focus from 85 to 125 mm. There is also optical stabilization. With the sensor, everything is complicated. According to GSMArena, the software shows that there is a Sony IMX650 here. Which is a little strange. For it has a resolution of 40 MP and a matrix of 1 / 1.7 ″. And the local TV set has a resolution of 12 MP and a 1 / 3.5 ″ matrix. They, like, put in a big sensor, but they only use a small piece of it? What for?
- Front camera. Sony IMX663 sensor was put here. A funny moment - in the predecessor, it was he who was used in the telephoto-periscope.
What else. Promised video recording [email protected] There is a Sony IMX316 ToF module for fast continuous focusing. There is still a half-press release button.
The first reviews of the Xperia 1 IV are already out, so you can get acquainted with the sample photos. But in general, of course, we are waiting for reviews-comparisons with current photo flagships.
To more mundane things.
The only acceptable chipset for a kosher flagship is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. the most powerful of the existing in nature at the moment. We usually wait in AnTuTu for a million points.
RAM 12 GB. Permanent memory. There will be two varieties - 256 and 512 GB. Moreover, it is not a fact that in some countries they will be on sale at the same time. Suddenly there is support for memory cards.
The screen characteristics are very similar to the one thatis in the predecessor. Only, they say, they raised the maximum brightness great. OLED-matrix with a refresh rate of 120 Hz. Diagonal 6.5″ (99 cm²). The resolution is insane, 1644×3840, which gives as much as 643 ppi.
The battery is classic, 5000 mAh.There is wireless charging. Wired charging is fast, but without fanaticism - 30 W (from zero to 50% the smartphone charges in half an hour). There is no charger included. Of course, I'm extremely happy that Sony decided to join the conservation of the Amazon jungle and the whales of the Sea of Japan, but given the cost of a smartphone, this is simply indecent.
Other. There is NFC, a barometer, water-dust protection according to IP68 class. There is a standard audio output. The fingerprint scanner, cheers, is still on the side.
Well, about money.In Europe, the Sony Xperia 1 IV will cost €1,399 (₽99,500, $1,480) for the 12+256 GB version, and £1,299 (₽108,000, $1,610) in England (the same memory capacities). In the US, the price will be $1599.99 (₽108000), but for the 12+512 GB version.
The smartphone has already fallen into the hands of select reviewers.I hide a few reviews under the cat. The full collection, as usual, can be found on our website on the smartphone page. It (the collection) is still small, but I hope it will be actively replenished in the coming days.
Sony Xperia 1 IV first reviews
- Forbes: Sony Xperia 1 IV Review: For Fans Of Sony Cameras
- GSMArena: Sony Xperia 1 IV review
- Phone Arena: Sony Xperia 1 IV review: unapologetically Sony
Sony Xperia 1 IV Key Features:
OLED screen, 6.5″, 1644×3840, 643 ppi, 99 cm², 120 Hz, 240 Hz sensor polling rate, 1B colors, touch, capacitive, multi-touch, Gorilla Glass Victus
IronQualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
3 GHz, 1 x Cortex-X2, 3 x Cortex-A710, 4 x Cortex-A510, Adreno 730
Memory RAM 12 GB, ROM 256-512 GB, Micro-SD up to 1 TB, hybrid slot
Mobile networks 5G Bands 1,3,5,7,8,20,28,38,40,41,77,78
LTE Bands 1-5,7,8,12,13,17,19,20,25,26,28,29,32,34,38-41,46,66
UMTS Bands 1 (2100), 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 5 (850), 6 (800), 8 (900), 19 (800)
GSM Bands 2 (1900), 3 (1800), 5 (850), 8 (900)
Battery Li-Pol, 5000 mAh, fast charging 30.00 W
Dimensions165 x 71 x 8.2 mm
Weight 185 g
Rear Camera: Quad, Flash, Auto Focus
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 82°, 1/1.70″, 24.00mm, Sony IMX557, OIS, [email protected]
— 12 MP, telephoto, 20°, 1/3.50″, 125.00mm, f/2.3-2.8, 85-125mm, Exmor RS, OIS, 3.5X-5.2X
— 12 MP, wide-angle, f/2.2, 124°, 1/2.50″, 16.00mm, Sony IMX563
- 0.05 MP, ToF, Sony IMX316
front camera: 12 MP, f/2.0, 83°, 1/2.90″, Sony IMX663
NavigationGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
SensorsAccelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Approach, Barometer, Illuminance, Fingerprint Scanner (side), NFC