General, Research, Technology

What meat can infect the human brain with dangerous worms?

Almost every person on our planetalways at risk of contracting terrible diseases. There are a lot of reasons for their occurrence, but some of the most unpleasant diseases begin after so-called tapeworms enter the human body. Typically, these parasites grow and multiply in the digestive system, however, in advanced cases, they can even penetrate the brain and cause seizures. Such cases are rare, but one of them has recently occurred in China - about 700 parasites were found in the brain of a 46-year-old builder. But how did they get into his body and how did they multiply so much?

Be careful when buying meat - it can be infected with tapeworms

As a rule, tapeworms enter the body.human through the meat of infected animals. A person can pick up both adult worms and individuals in the so-called intermediate stage - the oncosphere. The danger of adult worms lies in the fact that they can lay eggs for spread through the excrement of the victim. However, hatched larvae can also pass through the intestinal wall and enter the circulatory system. From there, it is not difficult for them to get to the muscles and, worst of all, to the human brain.

What is dangerous unfried meat?

According to USA Today, with a resident of Chinait was precisely this trouble that occurred. Once he began to notice a headache and epilepsy, but did not go to the doctors until his colleagues called for an ambulance during the next attack. Doctors from a hospital in Zhejiang University of China carefully examined the patient and found traces of tapeworms in his brain. However, at that time the man announced that he was completely healthy and went home.

Traces of tapeworms in the patient's brain are shown in white

The next time the patient returned to the hospital,the advice of relatives who noticed an increase in seizures of epilepsy. After conducting an even more detailed examination, hospital staff discovered traces of pork chains in both hemispheres of his brain. They counted at least 700 individuals, so the fact that men often had severe headaches and cramps was not surprising.

However, such cases are not rare in China, because even in 2014, a live centimeter worm was pulled out of the brain of a Chinese

In a conversation with doctors, the patient admitted that beforethe appearance of the symptoms of the disease he had a chance to taste a dish with the addition of pork and lamb meat. Unfortunately, he could not check the degree of meat roasting, because the dish was seasoned with red sauce. It is likely that it was this meat that was infected with tapeworms, which multiplied for all the time when a man refused to go to the hospital.

Before eating meat, always make sure that it is ready.

Just think - in the human brain livedmore than 700 worms, but the story ended quite well. The man was prescribed anti-swine tap therapy and was prescribed medications to lower his pressure. The fact is that due to the effects of parasites, the patient's blood pressure increased significantly, which could subsequently cause other health problems.

If you are interested in the news of science and technology, subscribe to our channel in Yandex. Dzen. There you will find materials that have not been published on the site!

According to the World Health Organization,Pig chain infection is one of the most common causes of food-related deaths. Therefore, before eating meat, it is recommended to carefully check the origin and after cooking do not cut it on the same board on which the raw meat was lying.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!