General

The appearance of a stone age woman was recreated

Try to imagine a personliving on Earth 7.5 thousand years ago. Do you also immediately see a kind of formidable Neanderthal in animal skin with a club over his shoulder? Be that as it may, the last Neanderthal man disappeared from the face of the Earth about 40 thousand years ago, having managed to leave about 2% of his genes inherited by modern Europeans. After the disappearance of the ancient people, Cro-Magnons began to reign everywhere on Earth, the appearance of which was very close to ours. So, one of the confirmations of this was the skull found in 1996, whose reconstruction showed the appearance of a beautiful woman of the Neolithic era.

Perhaps the appearance of a woman who lived on Earth 7.5 thousand years ago may remind you of someone you know

What did people look like in antiquity?

Skull of an ancient woman who died about 7.5 thousandyears ago at the age of 30-40 years was found in one of the ancient caves of Spain. Calpea (the ancient inhabitant of Gibraltar was so named after the rock that kept its remains for several thousand years) is 5 thousand years older than the most ancient Egyptian pyramid Djoser!

In order to reconstruct the appearanceAn ancient woman, researchers took 6 months to extract DNA, a computer analysis of which showed an approximate picture of how a person from the Neolithic period about 5400 BC could look.

See also: What did the most ancient ancestor of man look like?

DNA analysis showed a skull from a cavebelonged to a woman with dark hair and dark eyes. In addition, only 10% of its genes belonged to local Mesolithic hunter-gatherers, the remaining 90% came from Anatolia, which is located in modern Turkey.

To date, the only thing left of Calpea is its deformed skull

If you like this article, I invite you to join our channel on Yandex.Zen, where you can find even more useful information from the world of popular science and technology.

The cause of death of the ancient beauty remainsunknown, but her skull was severely deformed after the funeral. It is believed that in the Neolithic era the inhabitants of the Gibraltar Peninsula were not yet engaged in agriculture, preferring to live on the coast and engage in fishing. Whether the woman who died 7.5 thousand years ago was born in Gibraltar, or if she simply traveled to these places, we most likely will never know, and the secret of the origin of Calpea will remain forever a mystery to researchers who want to know the national identity of a woman from caves.