General

Species of plants and animals that should not be touched

There is a huge variety in our worldspecies of plants and animals that I would like to see, and possibly touch them. That is why zoos and greenhouses were built that provide an opportunity to get acquainted with many representatives of flora and fauna. But there are some types of plants and animals that a person should not touch under any circumstances, otherwise this seemingly innocent action can lead to diseases that are difficult to treat, and sometimes even cause the death of a person. In this article, we will introduce you precisely to such dangerous representatives of flora and fauna.

Poison dart frog lives in Central and South America and can kill up to 20 people with its poison

The most poisonous animals and plants of the planet

If you think that there is nothing left on the planet that could surprise you, then you are deeply mistaken in this. So, Dart frog or the poison frog is coated with a thin layer of neurotoxin,which can lead to death in minutes. There were cases that animals died only by touching the place where the poisonous poison frog was sitting. The poison of one such frog is enough to kill 10-20 people. Their bright color frightens away other animals and, obviously, it is not by chance.

Poison oak - a fairly common plant in Asia,North and South America. The tree is a representative of the genus Toxicodendrons, which release oils into the air that cause a strong allergic reaction in the form of a rash. Fortunately, oils do not lead to death, but can deliver a lot of inconvenience and pain, which can last up to several weeks.

The plant, called Water hemlockwhich causes not only a headache,nausea, salivation, but also complete depression of the central nervous system due to the fact that all parts of this plant are poisonous. In ancient Greece, water hemlock was used as an official poison, which poisoned the mortally convicted. There is evidence that the famous Socrates was poisoned with a hemlock.

The hemlock venom is so strong that a person can get severe intoxication even when eating birds that ate the seeds of this plant.

Very common in the temperate latitudes of Russia Elder when ingested causes manyproblems ranging from nausea and vomiting to a coma. All these extremely unpleasant effects are caused by the accumulation of cyanides in the body. Despite this, this poisonous plant is often used for medicinal purposes. However, if you meet a plant similar to an elderberry on the street, then it is not recommended to approach it at all.

See also: Plants are able to eat vertebrates

Despite the unusual name, kissing an insect called beetle kiss, far from recommended, and even vice versaAvoid contact with him. If it comes into contact with humans, it is able to suck out human blood, and with it infect a person with the deadly Chagas disease.

Kiss beetle infected with a special parasite - Trypanosoma cruzi

When defecation of a bug occurs at the site of a biteinfecting a person with a parasite that causes problems with the heart and digestive organs. For this reason, a “kiss” of this type of beetle should be avoided.

Despite the fact that most people don’t have a desire to reach out and touch arachnids, Brazilian roaming spider still has little chance of showing hisextraordinary abilities if a curious person with a low level of manifestation of the instinct of self-preservation is next to him. Its poison has a powerful neurotoxin, and its behavior is very aggressive, because the Brazilian spider does not sit still, but prefers active hunting. With the bite of this spider, death occurs within 2-6 hours due to paralysis of the respiratory center.

A Brazilian vagabond spider likes to settle in people's homes, namely in cabinets and boxes with things

Hogweed - a plant that can reach 4 meters inheight. It is very unpretentious and able to quickly spread throughout the territory, while having a highly toxic juice. If the juice gets on a person, then he is able to completely deprive the skin of protection from ultraviolet rays, which subsequently causes severe sunburn due to which there is a rash and huge blisters. And if the juice of hogweed gets into your eyes, then there is a high probability of becoming blind.

Bullet ant - one of the most formidable opponents in the worldinsects. Thanks to a pair of mandibles that are able to capture the victim and exert extreme pressure on it, the ant has advantages in the world of tiny insects.

A bite from a bullet ant causes severe pain, much larger than a simple wasp sting

Have you met with the above representatives of flora and fauna? Share your stories in our Telegram chat.

Besides the painful bite that the ant cantake advantage of the need for protection, the insect is able to call its relatives for protection. Thus, one bite of a bullet ant can lead to an attack of a whole colony of thousands of the same ants.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!