Consumer interested in launching a smartphoneLibrem 5 running Linux-based PureOS has been disappointed several times with the postponement of the device release. But, according to the latest information, this event will still take place before the end of this year.
What improvements await fans of this gadget?
1. There will be an opportunity to put another OS in the smartphone.
2. The user will be able to disable Wi-Fi and mobile communications modules in hardware.
3. Two M.2 slots are provided for replacing or upgrading wireless modules.
four.There was a theoretical opportunity to install here a card with a similar interface and suitable firmware. (This is primarily about communication modules; there is no information on whether it is possible to install SSDs).
Purism's tech director, who will be launching the smartphone, has posted a photo of the Librem 5 circuit board.
Some smartphone specifications:
• the smartphone uses a 4-core i.MX 8M processor with a frequency of up to 1.5 GHz;
• screen size - 5.7 inches with a resolution of 720 × 1440 pixels;
• Librem 5 equip 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory (there is a microSD slot);
• Librem has a 13-megapixel main and 8-megapixel front camera;
• the smartphone is equipped with a 3500 mAh battery;
Dimensions Librem 5 are 147.1 × 72.25 × 15 mm. The price of the smartphone is $ 700.