In response to a request from the U.S. Congress after Aprilscandal with Cambridge Analytica, Facebook revealed all its methods of collecting information about users of the social network. This required a document of 222 pages. He describes different ways of collecting data, from those that we knew about to those that we did not even suspect.
Of course, you might suspect that the companyFacebook keeps track of how much time you spend on social networking pages. She keeps track of the purchases you make. Below are really amazing things from a company document.
- Facebook records the movement of your lips. This helps the company make sure that you are not a robot.
- Another way Facebook can help make sure you're human is by recognizing whether the browser window is on top of other windows or behind them.
- Facebook collects information about your devices. But this is not only information about the device model and version of the operating system. Companies are interested in knowing your battery level, cellular signal strength and available memory.
- Of course, information is collected not only about the operating system, but also about the browser, installed plugins and even file names.
- The company also knows information about your mobile operator, Internet provider, IP addresses, cookies, time zone and connection speed.
- In some cases, the company collects information not only about your device, but also about those devices that are on the same network or nearby.
- Facebook knows the Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers available to your device that are within range.
- In addition to information from GPS, cameras and photo galleries, on Android Facebook can receive a call list and SMS history.
- Finally, Facebook is aware of the applications you use and the accounts.