ASUS officially introduced the portableROG Strix XG17 gaming monitor. This happened at the annual international computer games exhibition Gamescom, which this year runs from August 20-24.
Previously, the gaming monitor was shown in May at Computex 2019, and then its technical data was released:
• ASUS ROG Strix XG17 monitor is equipped with a 17.3-inch display on the IPS matrix;
• display resolution 1920 × 1080 pixels (Full HD), refresh rate 240 Hz, response time 3 ms;
• charging the built-in battery lasts for three hours of battery life;
• Implementation of Quick Charge 3.0 technology of fast charging is provided.
At Gamescom 2019, new details about the new product were announced:
• the monitor has a built-in speaker;
• Adaptive-Sync adaptive synchronization is implemented, operating in the frequency range from 48 to 240 Hz, which provides a smooth image with mid-range graphics cards;
• the portable monitor is understaffed with a ROG tripod, which makes it possible to position the device at different heights and at different angles; It is useful when paired with other gadgets.
The weight of the device is about 1 kg. The timing of the start of sales of the ASUS ROG Strix XG17 has not yet been announced, nor has the price of the novelty been announced.